Monday, May 24, 2010

Flying High



I never thought it could happen, but I think after the Flyers Stanley Cup Championship you will be able to officially call me a Hockey fan. Call me a bandwagoner. Guess What? I am! The only players I can honestly, legitimately and truthfully name off the top of my head are Carcillo, Mike Richards, Danny Briere, Boucher, Simon Gagne and Pronger. I don't even know some of their first names! The point is, that three weeks ago I would have hysterically laughed in your face if you seriously thought that I would say the phrase "Playoff Hockey is exciting to watch" after watching 10 minutes of the Flyers' close out game tonight (I know I need to watch more). So when we (DID I REALLY JUST SAY WE?) win the title, I'll be happy, but still a little jealous. Why can't the 76ers win a championship (The pressure's already on Doug Collins!)? The scariest part of all this madness? Yes, you will be seeing Flyers NHL Hockey covered on Fisch's Philly Sportsline next season, and I never thought I would see the day. Congrats to all the Flyers fans out there, you deserve to party like its 1975!

No comments:

Post a Comment